We are currently looking for a Downstream Technical Specialist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Downstream Technical Specialist you will be responsible for leading the Process Development activities for Downstream Processes of novel Biological Products.
You will lead on a range of projects including process optimisation, scale-up and Tech Transfer to EU CMOs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Technical Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead the Downstream Process Development for the purification of new Biological Products from Microbial Fermentation.
2. Identify area form improvement and process optimisation with in the Process Development Team. You will also support and supervise junior staff members.
3. Lead the Technical Transfer of Downstream Processes to 3rd part CMOs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Technical Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (Ideally MSc, PhD or EngD) in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related subject.
2. Ideally industry experience in the development of downstream processes including purification and filtration for Biological compounds e.g. Proteins and/or Viruses.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Bioprocessing and Technical Transfer would be beneficial, as well as Chromatography and Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF).
Key Words: DSP | Dowstream Process Development | Downstream Processing | Chromatography | Purification | CMOs | Tech Transfer | Process Optimisation | TFF | Microbial | Fermentation | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.