We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the Synthetic Organic Chemist you will be responsible for
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Synthetic Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Working on a variety of structurally diverse compounds.
2. Utilise your experience of NMR & LC-MS for structural determination
3. Taking a proactive role in leading or assisting the API synthesis, while also detailing clear and concise updates to be provided to the project team.
4. Undertaking synthesis, separation and/or purification tasks to support early stage clinical research projects.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Synthetic Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a chemistry discipline.
2. Relevant industry experience working within a CRO &/ or pharmaceutical environment, within scale up or pilot plant environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with synthetic & organic chemistry
Key Words: Chemistry, Synthetic chemistry, Organic chemistry, API testing, Synthesis, NMR, LC-MS