The Royal Society of Chemistry has a great opportunity for a Programme Officer - Awards and Prizes to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is an international not-for-profit organisation, our purpose is to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
We employ over 600 staff in 6 countries and have an international global membership of over 49,000. We use the surplus from our global publishing business to give chemical scientists the support and resources required to make vital advances in chemical science.
As our Programme Officer - Awards and Prizes, you will play a key role in supporting and delivering a range of activities for our Research and Innovation and Horizon Prize programmes. You will also contribute to implementing recommendations from our 2019 Review of RSC Recognition Programmes, including developing new areas of recognition. Reporting to our Senior Programme Manager - Science Awards and Grants, you will work closely with our Team Administrators and Programme Mangers, as well as other colleagues in the organisation.
We are looking for:
- Relevant background in science or engineering and/or science programme administration, with a passion for science and technology.
- Strong organisational, project and time management skills to deliver multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills to develop effective relationships with a variety of diverse people, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative and ability to work both as part of multifunctional teams and independently.
- Diplomacy and tact, with excellent judgement regarding confidentiality, transparency and fairness and a commitment to equality, inclusion and diversity.
- Ability to use and learn Microsoft and bespoke in-house IT systems.
The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge or London office, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will also have the opportunity to work from a UK location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the office as needed for their role. This role will require regular attendance at our Cambridge and London offices and some travel within the UK.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
View and download the full job description here.