ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
Join a chemical technology innovator where all employees have a voice and opportunities to develop their careers.
As part of a recent company expansion, we are currently hiring chemists at all levels to join our new production and methodology department in the UK.
Location: Office and labs based in Runcorn, Liverpool, UK
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Level: Entry level
While we rely upon some strong science, we also believe that the success of a company is built through its people. Therefore, we are looking for motivated individuals who want to join us and help us in harnessing tomorrow’s challenges of our industry, is that you ?
We are a diverse and international chemical technology innovator, on a mission to accelerate discoveries through the provision of novel scaffolds and building blocks.
LCC has designed and synthesized a library of novel, diverse, 3D-rich building blocks, which are used to support an international customer base. Our scaffolds can be applied to technologies across our four main product pillars: DEL, FBLD, Linkers (for PROTACs etc.), and virtual screening with our 3Discovery™ Virtual Library.
Through an ethos of purposeful curiosity, LCC’s goal is to help the development of high-quality drugs, in order to bring new drugs to market, faster, better, and easier.
LCC is seeking an enthusiastic purification chemist to strengthen our analytical department in the UK that will play a pivotal role in our newly formed parallel synthesis Team in Liverpool, UK. The parallel synthesis Team will be responsible for the synthesis, purification and characterisation of LCC's expertly designed lead-like virtual library of >2.8 million novel, diverse, 3D small molecules for Hit-ID and hit to lead optimisation. The successful candidate will receive training and support from within the PSL team and from other teams/departments to solve any problems that arise during a project. Personal and professional development will be strongly encouraged while working at LCC.
- Purification of libraries of compounds by prep-HPLC on mg scale.
- HPLC method development on both normal and chiral stationary phase.
- Ensure the compliance of LCC’s technical documentation and the high standard quality of the documents sent to our customers.
- Manage and maintain open access LC-MS service for the chemistry team.
- Keep accurate records of research and project related activities; timely communication of results.
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry or relevant discipline (e.g. Bioscience, Life Science)
- Previous experience in method development/HPLC purification is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Soft skills: A positive attitude and the willingness to adapt/learn.
To apply for this position, please send us your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com using the APPLY button below.