About the company
Puraffinity Ltd is a rapidly growing start-up company. We are driven and strive to solve the global problem of PFAS water pollution, working on several water treatment projects in parallel. We work collaboratively and value the opinion of every team member. Our mission is about protecting environmental and human health.
This internship is partially funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Why join Puraffinity
- A work life balance is important – we offer 25 days annual leave (in addition to the 8 bank holidays) and a hybrid working approach
- We have a very strong diversity and inclusion focus, and in line with this, we have equalised our parental leave and pay for all
- Free lunch is provided to all staff members via the on-site café
Working within the Product Development team, you will be responsible for the design, synthesis of novel adsorbent media for PFAS removal. Once synthesised, the adsorbent media’s PFAS removal performance will be evaluated.
- Work with the PD and Engineering teams to synthesise, analyse and test new PFAS adsorbent media
- Analysis of data from a wide range of sources (analytical, performance data, elemental analysis etc) to understand and develop structure-performance relationships
- Be involved in routine lab experiments and studies
- Play an active role in suggesting and proposing new synthetic routes for new PFAS adsorbent materials
- Provide technical updates to the PD team via short oral presentations and written reports
- Active promotion and continuous improvement of the company’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies/procedures
- BSc or masters in Chemistry or related subject required
- Must be a recent graduate (i.e. not in full time education)
- Must have graduated in the last 3 years or be returning from a career break
- Good organisational skills
- Familiar with working in a laboratory environment, with attention to good laboratory practices and high standard of health and safety
- Teamworking ability, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task and adapt efficiently, good project management skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to disseminate information to team members in a concise and understandable manner
How to apply
Please follow the link below to apply via our website. https://careers.puraffinity.com/jobs/2150965-product- development-scientist-intern
We aim to respond to all applicants within a month of applying. Deadline for application is the 30th November to start the internship in January 2023.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Puraffinity, Scale Space, White City, London, W12 7RZ
Contract type: 3 months fixed term
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Salary: £11.05 p/h (real living wage for London)