CK Group is recruiting for a Hydraulic Binder Chemist to join an Underground Mining and Tunnelling Equipment manufacturing company based on their site in Coventry, on a full time, permanent basis with a competitive salary. The Company:
Our client is a global leader in Ground Control & Construction Technologies (GCCT), focussed on improving productivity and safety of underground mining and tunnelling projects.Responsibilities of the Hydraulic Binder Chemist include to:
As a Hydraulic Binder Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Development of low carbon solutions to make a significant impact on the carbon emission reduction of the underground construction industry
- Support delivery of Ground Control & Construction Technologies (GCCT) products, in terms of product development, product manufacturing procedures including quality control testing and technical documentation.
- Provide leadership of technical excellence within the GCCT Team.
- Prepare technical proposals and presentations to potential project clients
- Write technical papers, attend technical conferences and be an active member of the appropriate industry bodies or committees.
- Cultivate effective business relationships with key players and strategic partners, key customers, or major projects.
- Contribute to the continual development and ongoing maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Education: PhD in a relevant science/engineering subject with over 7 years of demonstrable industry experience.
- Knowledge and proven industry experience in cement or cementitious chemistry, experience in sprayed cement technology is particularly desirable.
- Proven project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to function well in a customer facing role.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54473 in all correspondence.