An exciting opportunity has arisen as an EHS Advisor for a global materials manufacturer in the Worcestershire area!
As an EHS Advisor you will be on hand to offer your support and advice for the overall control of the sites Environment and Health & Safety responsibilities and also to make sure the continuous improvements of its systems.
To be considered for this you must have relevant manufacturing/industrial experience. You must have at least 3 years' experience in a Health & Safety and Environmental role. Previous experience of managing and auditing Environmental Health & Safety management systems to ISO 14001 and ISO45001 is highly desirable.
You must also be NEBOSH certified in Occupational Health and Safety. NEBOSH certification in Environmental Management would also be highly desirable. Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Experience:
- A main responsibility as a EHS Advisor would be to champion best EHS practices and essentially act as a role model that covers all areas of the business.
- Another key responsibility would be to deputise on behalf of the EHS Manager in their absence and stepping in to support all members of the team when needed.
- You will also be required to develop Environmental Health & Safety training materials and deliver training to employees as and when needed.
- Giving advice, guidance and personal coaching to all site personnel on safe and environmentally responsible working practices across all areas of the business is also expected.
- Another key responsibility as a EHS Advisor would be to develop safe procedures for the effective management of health and safety on site. You must comply with all health & safety legislation, regulations, standards and company programs.
- A final key responsibility as a EHS Advisor would be to regularly carry out internal audits to ensure compliance with all health and safety and environmental systems and procedures.
- Experience in an industrial/manufacturing field is a necessity.
- 3+ years' experience in a H&S and Environmental role.
- Managing EHS management systems to ISO14001 and ISO45001 is highly desirable.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is also highly desirable.