CK Group are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Chemist to join a materials and polymers manufacturing company at their site based in Ware.
This role is being offered on an initial 6 months fixed term basis, with a view to going permanent thereafter.The Company:
Our client develops and manufactures high performance polymers for use in various applications. They are able to offer a bespoke service and their products help their customers to add value. They are now looking for a Lab Chemist to join the team to assist in all technical aspects of research and development work, R&D reporting, quality control and quality assurance duties. You will also provide cover to the manufacturing department.
Your normal working day will be from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, but you may be required to be available for overtime work at short notice. The company is able to offer a salary in the range of circa £23,000 depending on experience. Location:
This role is located near Hertford, easily commutable from North London, Hoddesdon, Harlow, Stevenage and surrounding areas. The Role:
Your main duties of this Lab Chemist will be:
- Input data into QC database including customer specifications and internal and finished product specifications.
- R&D work including assisting in all R&D functions and new product developments
- To help in maintaining raw material COSHH, Health & Safety data (including MSDS, specification and technical datasheets) for all raw materials used
- Undertake bench work individually and as part of a team
- Assist in all safe practices across site, for example, management of Cooling Tower monitoring / testing and control of Legionella.
- Advising other sites on QC and R&D work along with occasional visits to assist research.
- Overseeing smooth transfer of R&D products to large scale production, including risk assessments, scale up calculations and all related documentation.
- Providing cover to process team where necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry
- Previous Environmental / QMS experience desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Organised & methodical with excellent administration and document control skills
- Highly motivated, with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and/or to strict deadlines
- Able to drive to get to site
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54456 in all correspondence.