Having just put their first 100% decarbonisation device into a client's effluent stream there is a real buzz around this ambitiously expanding company who can offer a brilliant opportunity to progress your science / engineering career. The role is a permanent Plasma Scientist / Engineer position with a remit to further their novel in-house plasma transformation process and look at scaling it up tenfold from current output. This Plasma Scientist / Engineer position gives the successful applicant experience of building client relationships on commercially sensitive projects from day one.
Your day to day duties as the Plasma Scientist / Engineer will be:
- Execution of R&D efforts such as running parallel reactions
- Analytical and physical characterisation of the resultant products
- Development of novel efficiency evaluation methods
- Delivery of high quality reports to management and clients
- Contributing to the understanding of plasma kinetics etc
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- Knowledge of physical chemistry or process engineering, particular to plasma or very similar chemistries
- A track record of research and development achievements in academia or industry
- A degree, or higher, in a relevant chemistry or engineering field
- Qualities to collaborate and communicate effectively across a multi-disciplinary team
- Ambitions to make a big impact on climate change outcomes
This client will interview for the role in the coming week or so and I would appreciate an immediate application via a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.