My Client is an international producer of specialist materials, including graphene, and has a new role for a Technical Manager based in the beautiful South Wales region. They're looking for an experienced Technical Manager or material scientist with experience in managing people and projects to help steer their research towards a commercial product. They're particularly interested in Technical Managers already based in the region.
As Technical Manager your roles will include;
- Technical support for production scale-up including continuous improvement.
- Manage both commercial and grant funded projects.
- Planning and assigning resources
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Liaising with the composite ink and ceramic team based at another UK site.
- Support strategic development of company goals.
- Provide support on the adaptation of inks, materials including using plasma reactors.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
- You will hold a degree (or equivalent) in a materials science or chemistry subject
- Have experience leading a team in a technical environment
- Have experience in the production of powders, materials or similar
- Proven background in managing projects
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.