CK Group are recruiting for a Raw Materials & Indirect Buyer to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Oldbury on a permanent basis.The Company:
Our client is materials, chemicals and solutions for the automotive, aerospace, battery, medical device, water, air treatment and environmental industries.Location:
This role is located at our client's site in Oldbury. Your main duties will be:
- Managing a raw material and indirect spend portfolio that has a direct impact on the company's profitability.
- Optimising sourcing strategies.
- Managing a large and varied supplier base.
- Developing strategies for improving costs for the Raw Material and Indirect spend, specifically within O&G in North America.
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Extensive raw materials purchasing experience within the chemical industry.
- Extensive business management experience, with strong skills in negotiation, supplier management and conflict resolution.
- A bachelors degree in chemical engineering or chemistry with a further MBA would be highly beneficial.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54330 in all correspondence.