We are currently looking for an Associate Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridge area. As the Associate Scientist you will be responsible for carrying out hands-on testing of devices to generate data on the selected parameters, in accordance with the agreed protocols and methods. The testing will often involve the use of specialist techniques related to the specific drug delivery device.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for a wide variety of laboratory tasks including developing test methods, experimental plans and trouble-shooting as needed as well as operating lab equipment to SOPs, Risk Assessments etc.
2. The Associate Scientist will also be responsible for a wide variety of ISO 13485 related laboratory tasks including change control, instrument managing instrument compliance, inventory control and trouble-shooting as needed.
3. You will ensure familiarity with all appropriate documentation (SOPs, instruction manuals, risk assessments, etc.) so that all appropriate experimental/manufacturing related activities are conducted in accordance with approved safe working practices (ensuring use of PPE where appropriate) and GMP/GLP procedures.
4. Another duty will be to prepare scientific reports of experiment, data analysis and data verification in accordance with approved procedures and practices.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree, HND or equivalent in a Science or engineering discipline.
2. Proven industry experience of working in a laboratory environment is essential. It is desirable to have experience of working in teams in the development or trouble shooting of drug delivery devices, analytical methodology or manufacturing processes by means of designed experiments and logical problem solving
3. A working knowledge and understanding of GLP/GMP and laboratory safety is required.
Key Words: Scientist | Laboratory | GLP | GMP | Drug Delivery | Equipment | Instrument | Change Control | Risk Assessments |