CK Group are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join an API contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) company at their site based near Newcastle upon Tyne on a full time, permanent basis. The Company:
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation.
- Provide R&D and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
- Operate their HQ from north east England and have facilities located across the rest of the UK and around the world.
- Growing organisation with great career development prospects.
This Development Chemist role is based at the company's site in Cramlington, easily commutable from Newcastle upon Tyne.Development Chemist role:
The objective of the role is to develop and optimise synthetic organic processes to aid in manufacturing of APIs.Your main duties will be:
- Developing and optimizing synthetic organic processes.
- Designing and carrying out laboratory scale experimental chemistry work programs.
- Solve complex chemistry problems via current literature
- Preparing lab reports and presenting results to customers
- Working alongside other project team members including Analytical, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Preparing cGMP documentation to support transfer of processes to plant.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and methods.
- A strong and adaptable work ethic.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Access to enhanced pension scheme.
- Perkbox healthcare.
- 25 days annual leave.
- On-site health and wellbeing support, medical consultation and physiotherapy.
- Fantastic career progression and development opportunities.
- Relocation package.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54433 in all correspondence.