UK Technical Manager The Company
You will be working for a global manufacturer of personal care and hygiene products, based in Worcestershire. Reporting to the Technical Director you will support the Global Product Development team in ensuring the timely development and commercialization of products. The role
- Develop novel wipes formulation, across personal care and household areas.
- Work closely with the Project & Commercial teams to ensure full support on all customer projects from concept through commercialization including ongoing business support for specific global customers.
- Generate new product ideas and concepts, conducting regular market reviews to identify gaps in the market that could be filled.
- Monitor the environmental and regulatory landscape to ensure regulatory compliant, sustainable wet wipe products.
- Initiate, organize, manage, and conduct laboratory experiments and process trials to determine compatibility and performance of new substrates, formulations, fragrances, and packaging for global customers.
- Manage all product testing, both internally and externally to assure safety, efficacy, and regulatory compliance of all products.
- Create and populate internal and external customer specific product specifications.
- Technically support other departments such as Operations and Sales to ensure product quality, manufacturing efficiency and cost optimization in a timely manner.
- Identify and evaluate new preservative systems.
- Work closely and frequently with suppliers to identify trends, cost optimize and specify raw materials (substrate, formulation, packaging).
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to resolve complaints and customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Develop communication channels with key customers to enable the timely exchange of information relating to product updates and launches.
What you will need
- Arrange and help support factory trials. This will involve liaising with operations, QA, production planning and warehouse to assure that materials are available, and the trials are planned in.
- Constantly challenge current solutions with a focus on suitability, sustainability, and cost, ensuring that suggested solutions are fully proven, via trial where necessary, before they are implemented.
In-depth relevant experience in a project management, product development, engineering, or operations discipline.
Excellent written and verbal skills with proven presentation skills to customers.
Proven IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office & Outlook
Experience in managing wet wipes; personal care, household products or consumer products are a strong plus
Working knowledge of GLP/GMP, COSHH and safe lab practices.
Must be self-motivated, have good attention to detail and be able to work with minimal supervision. What you'll get in return
Negotiable Salary DOE
- Staff Shop
- Occupational Health
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Training & Development
- EAP Scheme
- Benefits Platform
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.00am-4.00pm/9.00am-5.00pm 40 minutes paid break per day. A mixture of working from home and the office is currently in place.
- Holidays: 22 days + stats (statutory days and some annual days are designated and allocated by the Company on an annual basis)
- Contributory Pension Scheme - (salary exchange with + 50% of ER's NI Rebate given to employees' pension fund). Contributions are 5% Employee and 4% Employer (minimum).
- Free Life Assurance Benefit (x2 annual salary)