We are part of a group of companies offering fully integrated scientific and regulatory consultancy. This is combined with comprehensive laboratory services across the global nicotine, cannabinoids, and pharmaceutical industries. We are on a mission to help our clients deliver life-enhancing products to market by providing the most trusted integrated services in the world.
About this role
The Business Development Manager will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and will have responsibility for the development and growth of the Laboratory Services business for with clients based globally, excluding the USA.
Responsibilities / Objectives:
- Identify new business opportunities and lead sales activities to accelerate business development, win contracts, and capture market share
- When new clients are secured, manage the relationship to obtain further ongoing business
- Achieving the targets agreed for both revenue generation and profitability
- Collaborating with the wider company to identify opportunities and trends
- Identify, engage with, and onboard new clients to deliver against BP sales forecasts
- Build a pipeline of new opportunities to convert
- Utilise your contacts and connections to build opportunities including networking supported by the marketing team.
- Perform market analytics to identify new opportunities
- Identify prospect drivers and present the company's services aligned to their requirements.
- Develop client relationships and strengthen industry partnerships
- Work closely as a team with all Business Development Managers supporting on client visits, quotations, and all development opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Laboratory Services to determine appropriate testing requirements and costs. Working with the finance team to convert into a value pricing proposal for clients
- Support Marketing in the development and delivery of marketing activities
- Facilitate handover of clients to the Operational teams on acceptance of proposals. Work with the Operational team to manage ongoing customer relations
- Travelling to visit with clients and prospective clients to develop long-term relationships
- Issue quarterly sales forecasts to the Chief Commercial Officer and on an ad hoc basis as requested
- Performance will be measured on:
- Sales and operating profit performance vs business plan
- Achievement of sales KPIs
- Other measurements as determined by the Chief Commercial Officer
- Perform other appropriate duties as and when required and always act in the best interests of the Company
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Degree educated in a related field would be an advantage
Key skills and attributes:
- 5+ years proven industry specific experience in Business Development - essential
- A scientific background and extensive knowledge of the nicotine, pharmaceutical, and cannabinoids markets - essential.
- Extensive networks in the chosen markets - essential
- Proven experience in winning laboratory services contracts.
- Excellent communicator capable of building relationships and managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Industry established, professional and trustworthy individual with drive and passion to complete work to tight deadlines.
- Results driven, customer-focused, and hardworking.
- Ability to consider options outside of the standard and bring innovative ideas to the team.
- Full driver's licence is essential.
Salary and benefits
Basic Salary £45-75k
Holidays 25 days plus public holidays
1 x days leave every 3 weeks, equivalent to approx. 17 days per year
Bonus Annual based on company and personal performance
Car Allowance £5,000 per annum
Healthcare Healthcare Cash plan
Long term sickness insurance