We are currently looking for a Bioprocessing Engineer - Downstream Processing to join a leading Biotechnology company focused on developing new technologies for Gene Delivery, based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Bioprocessing Engineer - Downstream Processing you will be responsible for the Process Scale-up and Production of product for research level activities.
This role would be perfect for a Bioprocessing Engineer with experience of Downstream Processing and scale up of Cell and Gene Therapy products or Biologics such as proteins or antibodies.
The role offers the opportunity to work in a fast paced, start-up Biotech where you will develop processes for novel Biotherapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioprocessing Engineer - Downstream Processing will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will support the Discovery and CMC teams by providing purified product for in-vitro and in-vivo studies as well as pilot scale (10L - 200L) demonstration batches for IND studies.
2. You will support the Technology Transfer of Bioprocesses to third part CDMOs for GMP Manufacturing.
3. You will specialise in the development and scale up of Downstream and Purification processes including aseptic processes and Fill/finish activities.
4. You will lead the implementation, optimisation and training of DSP and work collaboratively across the business to support with any and all Bioprocessing issues.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioprocessing Engineer - Downstream Processing we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (e.g. Phd / EngD / MSc / MEng) within Bioprocessing, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or similar field in addition to experience in a Biologics or Cell and Gene Therapy industry.
2. Proven industry experience in Downstream Processing research and/or Process Development where you have experience with Protein Purification and Chromatography techniques including but not limited to IEX, SEC, HIC, Affinity Chromatography and their relates softwares (Unicorn)
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the use and scale-up of tangential flow filtration systems.
Key Words: Downstream Process Development | Downstream Processing | DSP | Process Development | Protein Purification | Chromatography | Flow Filtration Systems | Bioprocessing | Engineering | Bioprocess Development | Scale Up | Tech Transfer | Technology Transfer | MSAT | Manufacturing Scientist and Technology | MS&T | Gene Therapy | Cell Therapy | Viral Vector | Exosomes
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.