Head of QualityLocation
A world class nutritional food manufacturer located in the north west are looking for a Head of Quality to join there team. As Head of Quality, you will have a food science degree or related field, experienced working in food safety and HACCP, at least 8 years working in a GMP environment with at least 4 years quality management experience.Main Duties
- Overseeing the QA team on site, laboratory, microbiology, and quality system teams
- Monitor and ensure compliance regulations for all quality systems
- Attaining excellent sanitation and environmental cleanliness in clean room and high care environments.
- Leading and managing regulatory and third party audits and internal audits.
- Working closely with site and company management team, regulatory authorities and all stakeholders giving optimum support.
- Developing and managing quality & food safety related training and as required conduct Food Safety and product quality related Training for staff, visitors, and contractors.
- Recognizing quality compliance risks proactively and working with onsite leadership to create and implement mitigation plans
- Issuing, reviewing, and maintaining product specifications, certificates of analysis, and all other QA documents.
- Applying a CAPA program and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in efficient & timely manner.
- Managing Quality aspects of new product realization, including consulting with R&D team, validation processes & studies through to validation of finished product to meet international compliance and food safety regulations.
- Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a GxP Manufacturing site
- Minimum of 4 years management of work of direct and indirect reports
- Effective communication skills
- Experience in food safety, HACCP, cGMP in a high care environment
- Experienced with policies and regulations
- A strong working knowledge of GxP regulations in the European Union (EU), United States (US) and other reevant global markets
- Experience in implementing UK and EU Food Safety and compliance regulations.