We are currently looking for a Senior Assay Scientist - Diagnostics to join a leading diagnostics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Assay Scientist - Diagnostics you will be responsible for developing immunoassays.
This is a great opportunity for a Scientist / Senior Scientist with a strong experience in immunodiagnostics that is looking to join a growing and innovative organisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Assay Scientist - Diagnostics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be designing, developing, and optimising diagnostic immunoassays, assay components, protein conjugates, and detection substrates, whilst maintaining troubleshooting activities.
2. You will develop different methods for protein purification and stabilisation, whilst working in collaboration with team members agreed with the line manager.
3. You will be responsible for delivering projects, customer pilot projects, and demonstrate different proof-of-principle experiments.
4. You will be expected to maintain awareness of assay development, Quality Control, verification and validation testing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Assay Scientist - Diagnostics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science subject including Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology. Biological Sciences etc. An MSc or a PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience with developing lateral flow based products, and immunology based techniques such as ELISA, Western Blotting, Flow Cytometry etc...
3. A working knowledge of working with diagnostic immunoassay would be preferable. Experience working in a development capacity in industry under ISO9001 or, preferably, ISO13485 Quality Management Systems.
Key Words: GLP / ISO9001 / ISO13485 / Diagnostics / Immunoassays / Immunodiagnostics / Scientist / Senior Scientist / Assay Development / Assay Validation / Data Analysis / CRO / R&D / Research and Development / PhD / MSc
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.