We are recruiting on behalf of a growing adhesives and sealants manufacturer for an R&D Chemist to join their site based in Somerset. As an R&D Chemist, you will be responsible for new product development formulations from the laboratory through to commercialisation.
To be considered for this role, you will have a degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or related subject, and a background working in the development and formulation of adhesives, sealants and elastomers.
- Develop new and existing formulations of adhesives, sealants and elastomers utilising various technologies including polyurethane
- Assist in the research to source new raw materials to make product improvements, and research new technologies relevant to the business
- Own responsibility for whole project lifecycle from receiving initial customer specification to supervising trials and production
- Prepare technical documentation including SDSs and TDSs in accordance with procedures and systems
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or related subject
- 1-3 years' experience in a development laboratory, formulating adhesives/sealants ideal, but other background within polymers is acceptable
- Experience with common polymer test methods including tensile strength, abrasion and UV stability testing