An exciting opportunity has arisen Senior Analytical Chemist to join a leader within the polymers manufacturing sector based in Essex. As a Senior Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for planning and executing various polymer testing which includes planning technical work programs and the delivery of these. You will perform hands on testing and method development via GC-MS, LC-MS, FT-IR and a range of analytical techniques.
To be considered for this Senior Analytical Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry, Analytical Science or closely related subject, with significant experience within an analytical laboratory, with an expert understanding of a variety of techniques including GC-MS, LC-MS and FTIR. You will also have experience in the testing of polymers, adhesives, coatings or rubbers. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Leading and delivering technical programs.
- Develop and maintain technology expertise.
- Hands on GC-MS, LC-MS and FT-IR analysis of polymers.
- Responsible for the development of new analytical methods.
- Apply a high level of scientific knowledge to the analytical team.
- Build and establish relationships both internally and externally.
- Develop and grow junior members within the analytical team.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject, ideally MSc or PhD.
- Previous polymer, adhesives, coatings or rubbers testing experience.
- Significant experience in the operation, maintenance and calibration of various techniques including GC-MS, LC-MS and FT-IR.