HRS are working alongside an innovative biotech company to hire a Head of Bioinformatics to lead an established Bioinformatics team and provide strategic leadership across the business as a whole. Located in Cambridge, the company have grown rapidly through the development of novel precision medicine based diagnostics & therapies.
As the Head of Bioinformatics, you will be key to driving further developments & maintain the businesses competitive position & reputation within the market.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established Bioinformatics specialist with experience of leadership to become an integral part of a cutting-edge business and play a key part in the development of a new class of medicines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Head of Bioinformatics, you will be an excellent people manager who will lead and develop the Bioinformatics team, maintaining strategic focus and maximise the company's external reputation for bioinformatics excellence. Key duties will include:
1. Lead the Bioinformatics team - provide strategic discipline leadership across the company, maintain/project the company's competitive position in microbiome bioinformatics, and lead the analysis of key microbiome datasets.
2. Develop a microbiome Profiling/taxonomic classification platform and downstream analytical/machine learning capabilities, while also expanding areas such as functional analytics.
3. Lead the identification of microbial signatures from large clinical datasets across a variety of human diseases to establish novel programs to deliver live bacterial therapeutics and biomarkers.
To be successful as the Head of Bioinformatics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven expertise in the field of Bioinformatics - working with large genomic datasets and developing pipelines.
2. Strong Bio statistical experience including coding & Biomarker discovery.
3. Expertise in Microbiome Analysis, characterisation & functional genomics.
4. Proven leadership skills with the ability to maintain excellence and deliver of team objectives.