We are recruiting on behalf on an industry leading polymers manufacturer for a Head of Sales & Marketing to join and lead their team based in West Yorkshire. As the Head of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for managing all sales and marketing functions. You will also identify and monitor progress on all commercial activities to maintain double-digit growth for the business.
To be considered for this position, you will have previous direct commercial experience working with a wide range of customers within polymers, from builders merchants to global distributors and have a proven track record growing business to maintain double-digit growth. You will also have strong managerial skills as you will be managing a wider team of area sales managers and marketing professionals, being responsible for recruitment, personal development and performance across all areas.
- Manage all Sales and Marketing functions, being responsible for the recruitment, personal development and performance of a team of over 25
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand the existing customer base
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objects, to then offer solutions within business capabilities
- Align the business with the strategic plans necessary to meet future customer requirements on both products, service and related arrangements.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience managing teams handling over £30m turnover, showing consistent growth over an extended period
- A background in polymers/chemicals is highly advantageous
- At least 10 years' managerial experience, with confidence managing performance and assisting in the personal development of staff.
- Any previous experience building relationships and selling into builders merchants is highly desirable