Currently seeking an ambitious Chemist for a Polymer and Materials Technician position, to join a leading coatings and wallcoverings manufacturer based in Powys. As a Polymer and Materials Technician, you will be working closely with both technical and production teams to assist in the development of new products and processes, and oversee all aspects of quality control including raw material testing and colour matching.
To be considered for this Polymer and Materials Technician position you will be degree educated in Chemistry or Polymer Science. You will also be self-motivated, well-organised, computer literate as well possessing effective communication. All training will be provided in this role so we are happy to look at enthusiastic and ambitious graduates. Those who do possess and previous industrial experience within polymer/coatings formulation and testing would be highly desirable. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Plan and manage development activities according to the requirements of the department.
- Evaluate and qualify new and alternative materials.
- Support product qualification and approval processes.
- Investigate causes of materials failure, report findings and propose solutions to the team.
- Provide support and advise to colleagues regarding compliance to chemical and environmental regulations.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, MSc/PhD in Polymer Science would be highly desirable.
- Previous industrial experience within coatings/polymer formulation would be highly advantageous.
- Self-motivated, well-organised and computer literate are essential.