Are you an experienced Process Engineer looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for multiple Process Engineers and Senior Process Engineers to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area.
As the Process Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical expertise on all aspects of process engineering including feasibility studies, concept and detailed design, constructibility, commissioning and operation.
As the Senior Process Engineer, as well as the above, you will also be responsible for championing GEP within the department and mentor less experienced team members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Process Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the process design and design of development studies for the scale-up of simple lab-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations in conjunction with R&D. Additionally, providing technical expertise on cross-functional projects including process/utility improvement, technology transfer and new product introduction.
2. You will also support the installation and commissioning of new processes and equipment, monitoring the effectiveness and assessing new and existing processes for reliability, quality, safety, best practice and adherence to cGMP and regulatory requirements.
3. As the Process Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing mass and heat balances, design calculations, hydraulic assessments, process flow diagrams P&IDs and other engineering documentation.
4. As the Senior Process Engineer, you will, in addition to the above, be responsible for executing installation, commissioning, FATs, SATs and validation of new processes and equipment, monitoring effectiveness.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Process Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemical/Process Engineering and experience working in a similar Process Engineering role within a regulated cGMP manufacturing setting is essential for both roles.
2. Knowledge and understanding critical process parameters and critical quality attributes/authoring and executing protocols/authoring reports is also essential. In depth understanding of ICH Q8, FDA published guidance and EudraLex Volume 4 all chapters and relevant annexes would be highly advantageous.
3. Practical experience including specify and design complex equipment e.g. vessels, distillation columns, virus filters and specify control systems with guidance and ability to commission simple process equipment e.g. pumps, filter without supervision.
Key Words: Process Engineer | Senior Chemical Engineering | Pharmaceutical | Biopharmaceutical | Manufacturing Processes | Life Science | Validation and Commissioning
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.