We are currently looking for a Material & Characterisation Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Sandwich area. As the Material & Characterisation Scientist you will be responsible to support the understanding of the impact of material properties on manufacturing performance.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Material & Characterisation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will responsible for the determination of physical attributes for API's/excipient's using a range of characterisation techniques, including microscopy and both image and laser diffraction particle size.
2. Another duty will include the optimization of tests to describe key API/excipient's attributes, and how these relate to DP performance, which includes methods to assess flow, compression and segregation properties.
3. The Material and Characterisation Scientist will perform experiments in accordance with good laboratory practices (GLP), established business processes and protocols, and applicable SOPs.
4. You will also evaluate, interpret and report results through presentations and technical reports, particularly translation of scientific output and technical content into a language understood by wide customer base.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Material & Characterisation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven industry experience in the application of material characterisation methods to evaluate pharmaceutical materials is essential.
2. A working knowledge and understanding of statistical and chemo metric approaches for data analysis and interpretation is required for this role.
Key Words: Materials | Characterisation | Chemistry | Spectroscopy | Manufacturing | API's | DSC | TGA |