We are currently looking for a Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer you will be responsible for performing, co-ordinating and providing technical support to ensure that instrument calibration is completed consistently and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the generation and administration of the instrument calibration schedule to ensure there is a controlled programme of calibration to meet compliance requirements. Adherence to GMP compliance and safety always with all activities will also be required.
2. Another duty will be to perform calibration tasks in accordance with associated procedures and regulatory standards as well as documentation of instrumentation calibrations.
3. The Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer will report equipment services or events which are out of regulatory compliance using relevant procedures and modules in the QTS system and provide advice and technical assistance for calibration failure investigations as required including audit support.
4. You will provide advice for the assessment and regulatory categorisation of instruments as
required and assistance with equipment lifecycle documentation (validation & change
control, instrument identity numbers).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Metrology or Engineering will be required for this role.
2. Proven industry experience in pharmaceuticals or a commercial environment will be required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of regulatory requirements for cGMP and GMP is essential as well as the ability to read, write, and understand calibration SOP's.
Key Words: Instrumentation | Engineer | Calibration | Verification| GMP | Metrology | Maintenance