We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician Manager to join a start-up biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Technician Manager you will be responsible for managing laboratory operations and support recombinant protein, tissue culture, and biochemistry work, related to discovery of novel antibodies targeting innate immunity cells.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a company in its early days, and have a impact on its future success, as well as your own.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Technician Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supporting experiments in the laboratory including mammalian cell culture, DNA plasmid isolation, and recombinant protein expression, purification, and characterisation.
2. Overseeing the company's health and safety procedures such as contributing to writing policies, performing risk assessments, and ensuring the H&S procedures are updated regularly.
3. General lab maintenance such as ordering and receiving goods, preparing buffers, and maintaining a clean laboratory
4. Effectively communicating with both the laboratories and offices, to ensure the smooth running the enhance the steady growth of the company overall.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Technician Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences degree such as biochemistry, biological sciences, biology, cell biology, etc...
2. Proven industry experience in basic molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell culture techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working as a lab manager in an industrial setting, knowledge of relevant UK H&S legislation and writing risk assessments.
Key Words: Lab Manager | Laboratory Technician | Laboratory Manager | Biotech | Cell Culture | Mammalian Cell | Cellular Assay | Operations | Manager | Drug Discovery | Health and Safety | H&S | COSHH | SOPs | Biotechnology | Pharmaceuticals | Antibody | Coordination | Risk Assessment | Lab Operations | Compliance |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.