CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a metal finishing company at their site based in Chesterfield, on a full time permanent basis. The salary for this role is £23,000, the working hours are 7-3.15 Monday - Thursday and 7-3 on Friday. The Company:
Our client are leading specialists in the electroless nickel plating process. As a specialist plating company they have developed a wide range of techniques and are able to provide a high-end, cost-effective service.Location:
This role is located in Chesterfield accessible from Sheffield, Nottingham and surrounding areas.Your main duties will be:
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Sampling of production test pieces
- Performing tests to the required standard & specification
- Corrosion Testing
- Chemical Solution Production
- Aiding in research and development projects when required
- Report writing
- Ensure all duties are carried out safely within the company Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure full adherence to the Quality Management System.
- Control the chemistry on the shop floor, including troubleshooting solutions.
- Stock checking chemicals and ordering via Supply Chain Manager.
- Work with Shop Floor Management & Production Planning to ensure feasibility of the production schedule
- Identifying issues and potential problems early so that they can be addressed to minimise impact on production.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is adhered to with 5S maintained as it is rolled out through the facility.
- Ensure plant is appropriately maintained and anything not working is reported and repaired without delay.
- Attend meetings where required
- Knowledge of Chemistry
- Knowledge of metal finishing
- Experience in handling chemicals
- Strong computer skills predominantly Excel
- Working in a production environment
- Test facility experience
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54344 in all correspondence.