CK Group are recruiting for a Technical Quality Control Manager on behalf of a global manufacturer of chemical products, to be based at their site in Darlington on a full time, permanent basis.
Technical Quality Control Manager Role:
The main purpose of this role will be to manage the QC laboratory and assist with the manufacturing scale-up process of product development. You will oversee and improve quality control methods to ensure that raw materials and finished products meet specification requirements, and will collaborate with others to fulfil customer orders including compliance with ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications. The company offers a salary in the region of £35-43,000, depending on experience, as well as pension, life assurance, group income protection, employee assistance programme and other benefits.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that all work is correctly conducted to meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and other quality management standards.
- Delegation and work planning for a small team of laboratory support scientists/ technicians.
- Ensuring the routine maintenance and calibration of equipment, and the control and maintenance of all laboratory’s raw material, standard solutions and retained samples.
- Ensuring the transfer and trial of all newly developed analytical methods are successful, in collaboration with the R&D team.
- Providing technical expertise on new analytical methods and where applicable troubleshoot any complex methodologies and technical equipment.
- Carrying out physical, chemical, and analytical testing of raw materials and finished products when required.
- Releasing product that has passed Quality Control (QC) testing.
- Writing/reviewing SOP’s, risk assessments, COSHH forms, Quality reports (e.g. analytical reports for raw materials and finished products), Certificates of Analysis (CoA) and stability reports when applicable to Company standards.
- Assisting the process of manufacturing scale-up of products that are in development and the resolution of technical and quality issues in production.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industrial experience of managing a laboratory - essential, preferably in a chemical production plant and scale-up process environment .
- Detailed understanding of analytical chemistry – sound understanding of organic/ inorganic chemistry and process chemistry.
- Experience of running and interpreting HPLC/AAS or ICP/XRF and particle size testing.
- Experience troubleshooting analytical instrumentation.
- Understanding of quality management systems, quality risk assessments and the safe storage and handling of chemicals (e.g. COSHH regulations).
- Experienced with GMP, GLP and compliance with ISO 9001, preferred.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry .
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54333 in all correspondence.