Are you passionate about educating others on the wonders of science and crystallography?
We are looking for a self-motivated and organised individual to join the CCDC as a Junior Training, Education and Outreach Officer. Working in the Data and Community Team the successful applicant will help develop engaging training resources as well as supporting educational events and activities worldwide, helping to promote the use of structural data and the Cambridge Structural Database (CSD) globally.
In the role you will:
- Contribute to the production, maintenance and consistency of training materials on the CCDC portfolio.
- Help to raise the adoption of structural data through the development and management of some of CCDC’s educational activities.
- Educate the academic community on the use of structural data and CCDC offerings through the delivery of training workshops and modules.
- Explore new educational platforms and create interactive and engaging resources that can be utilised in schools and universities worldwide.
- Create content for the CCDC website and draft relevant social media content to promote educational and outreach activities.
For the role you need:
- A degree in Chemistry or a related area, a PhD in Chemistry or a related area is desirable but not essential.
- Confidence communicating science to different audiences and the ability to comprehend scientific challenges.
- A passion for science.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of crystallography and biochemistry are desirable.
We welcome applicants looking for either a full time or part time position.
Closing date for applications: 30th September.
City: UK - Cambridge or remote
Country: United Kingdom