An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Materials Engineer for an industry leading materials manufacturer to join their state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridge. As a Materials Engineer you will be responsible for leading various testing programmes to support customer qualification of materials used in various highly regulated industries including aerospace. This will include developing testing methods for materials including physical, mechanical and chemicals and carrying out corrective actions for any failures.
To be considered for this Materials Engineer you will be degree qualified in Materials Science or Engineering, ideally with industrial experience within the materials, polymers, composite or plastics sector. Someone with previous experience in analysing test data as well as planning testing methods would be highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class manufacturing team, offering excellent career prospects, salary and company benefits. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Review various materials specifications and test plans and perform any corrective actions required.
- Coordinate laboratory work and the use of various test equipment.
- Develop various testing methods including chemical, physical and mechanical testing of materials.
- Statistically analyse materials test data and compile reports around materials performance.
- Implement testing and process improvements.
- Carry out various continuous improvement projects and promote quality and HSE requirements.
- Degree qualified in Materials Engineering, Materials Science or Polymer Engineering.
- Previous industrial experience in a similar role within the materials, composites or polymer manufacturing sector.
- Someone with previous experience in analysing test data as well as planning testing methods would be highly desirable.
- Effective project management and communication skills