Do you have a background in planning and portfolio management, and are looking for the next step in your career?
We have a newly created position available for a Planning Portfolio Manager to join a global life sciences company based in the Surrey area. As the Planning Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for developing tools and standards for the facility to drive implementation of all critical project activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Planning Portfolio Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop PMO framework, database, reporting and monitoring tools to ensure efficient oversight of project activities. Ensure relevant resources are aligned and informed with delivery requirements of the site improvement activity portfolio.
2. Active planning of activities and resources to ensure realistic on time completion is archived. Management training and coaching of JIRA and other planning tools and methods.
3. Coordinate programme and portfolio management to ensure dependencies and constraints are anticipated, understood and managed. Own, manage and maintain JIRA and other project management / planning systems.
4. Support a cohort of internal leaders across the site that deliver critical activities and programmes. Standardisation of internal activity reporting and use of project tools will be key in the oversight of internal activities run by in-house staff to ensure delivery.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Planning Portfolio Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. At least HND / HNC in related field or relevant equivalent experience. You will require significant experience of advanced project / programme management. In addition, you should be familiar with other planning and tracking software such as JIRA, Concur, InvoiceTrack etc.
2. Proven experience setting up new systems and processes.
3. You will be an excellent communicator with strong influencing skills. You will have the ability to motivate and energise a team.
Key Words: Planning Manager | Portfolio Manager |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.