CK Group are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a chemicals and materials manufacturing company at their site based in Middlewich on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client manufactures and distributes a wide range of industrial chemicals used in the coatings sector. They are an industry leader in their field and they now have a vacancy for an experienced formulation chemist to lead the technical development activities. The company offers a competitive salary in the range of £25,000-£35,000pa dependant on skills and experience, as well as a bonus, pension, holidays rising with service, and an early finish on a Friday. Semi-regular travel will be required in this role both nationally and eventually, internationally. This role reports to the Technical Director.
The R&D Chemist will be based at the company's site in Middlewich, easily commutable from surrounding areas including Stoke, Northwich, Frodsham, Knutsford and Wrexham.
Your main duties will be:
- Hands-on development and formulation of products
- Innovating and developing new products for new or existing markets
- Scaling up from lab to full production
- Provide hands-on technical support for production
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation e.g. REACH
- Regular liaison with distributors and customers including some travel, primarily in the UK but occasionally overseas
- Clearly and effectively communicate and/or demonstrate technical information or procedures with wide range of customers
- Provide technical support to the sales team and distributors, including conducting customer trials and assisting at various trade shows
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industrial formulation experience in polymer chemistry - essential
- Experience in or knowledge of surface coatings, silane or silicone chemistry strongly preferred
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry/ Polymer Science
- Must be a self-motivated, driven person; a good communicator with practical, hands-on attitude
- Being able to drive with own transport is essential
- Willingness to travel with work
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54259 in all correspondence.