Here is a brilliant opportunity to apply your science in an application-focussed company building upon significant initial successes as a small UK-funded biotech company. The role is a permanent Senior Scientist position with a remit to formulate their novel in-house synthetic and supramolecular chemistry into bio-compatible materials such as hydrogels. This Senior Scientist position is important for establishing proof of principle delivery systems as well as furthering understanding of biological interactions important for the commercially sensitive projects to reach new and exciting areas.
Your day to day duties as the Senior Scientist will be:
- Formulation and synthesis of novel materials
- Analytical and bioanalytical characterisation of the materials
- Development of bespoke assays and other efficacy evaluation methods
- Delivery of high quality reports to the scientific team
- Contributing to the ethic of "continuous improvement" across the business
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- Knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, peptide or supramolecular chemistry
- A track record of formulation of (biocompatible) materials
- A degree, or higher, in a relevant chemistry or scientific field
- Qualities to collaborate and communicate effectively across a multi-disciplinary team
- Ambitions to make a big impact on healthcare outcomes
This client will interview for the role in the coming week or so and I would appreciate an immediate application via a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.