CK Group is recruiting for a Process Chemist based in Birmingham, this is a full-time permanent role with a competitive salary starting at £40,000 per annum (dependant on experience).The company:
Our client is a leading global materials and chemicals manufacturing company offering their service to a wide variety of industries around the globe.Location:
The site is based in Oldbury and is commutable from Birmingham, Coventry and Leamington SpaYour duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Lead new product development, formulation scale up and industrial process development of Surfactants for use in the Oil & Gas industry including development of synthetic routes.
- Take a technical lead for Oil & Gas industrial process improvement on new products and technologies.
- Work along side the quality control team to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Implement and enforce Environment and Health & Safety guidelines (EHS)
- Work with customers to address complaints and product quality.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Educated to BSc or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar disciplines.
- At least 5 years of experience of chemical synthesis, process development and manufacturing in an industrial setting.
- Strong analytical background, including experience with NMR, HPLC, GC-MS, IR and other techniques.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work fully independently.
- Experience in oilfield chemical production, surfactants or polymer synthesis is especially desirable.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54183 in all correspondence.