There are several great opportunities as a Synthetic Organic Chemist within a rapidly expanding CRO and drug discovery firm in the Cheshire area. The Synthetic Organic Chemist role is ideal for a recent graduate in a relevant chemistry field with a placement year in industry, a PhD-graduate looking for their first role in industry, or even a more experienced chemist with several years under their belt. The successful appointment will be able to build a broad medicinal chemistry, or process-related skillset for excellent career progression potential.
Your day to day duties as a Synthetic Organic Chemist
- Executing hit to lead drug discovery projects on behalf of clients
- Researching and developing routes from lab to pilot plant scale manufacture of chemical products
- Use of common analytical methods towards in-process and quality control procedures
- Liaising with clients to project manage and ensure reproducibility
- Research into new revenue streams
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A PhD or equivalent experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- A track record in synthetic chemistry in commercial laboratories
- A good team-working approach
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK. When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up nearly seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.