We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of assigned projects. This includes providing guidance and supervision to junior members of the team to ensure correct procedures are being followed and that assigned projects are performed to the appropriate standard. To support the Chemistry Management team for the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Project Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Project Manager you will manage your time between performing practical chemistry and managing projects. This is expected to vary between practical chemistry and technical project management with the time split 50/50 between the two activities. To communicate and update the Senior Manager with any issues affecting or likely to affect the schedule/budget/staff.
2. You will communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders in both written form (e.g. reports and technical updates) and verbal form (e.g. presentations and teleconferences).
3. As the Project Manager you will plan the project strategy with the project teams such that the project deliverables and client expectations are met. Adjust strategy as the programme evolves and ensure the budgetary impacts are highlighted.
4. You will Efficiently and clearly communicate the requirements of the project to the project team (chemistry and analytical) and delegate the work to the project team. Review and monitor the progress of tasks delegated.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Project Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry or similar closely related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience communicating effectively with team members, clients, suppliers and internal departments. Have good people management skills and be able to manage a number of teams, clients and projects at any given time. Be able to train the next tier of chemists for more senior roles, appraise and motivate team members.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cGMP, PRD, Custom preparation aspects of Chemistry.
Key Words: API, CMC, Chemistry, Development, Organic Chemistry, GMP, PRD, Discovery, Oxford.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.