ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
Join an chemical technology innovator, and an international team with various backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment. All employees have a voice and opportunities to develop their careers.
What are your expectations?
Due to the success of our rapidly growing company, we are looking for a lab steward to strengthen our Operations team.
Location: Office based in Runcorn, Liverpool, UK
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Level: Associate to Senior positions to be filled
While we rely upon some strong science, we also believe that the success of a company is built through its people. Therefore, we are looking for a motivated individual who wants to join us and help us harnessing tomorrow’s challenges of our industry, is that you?
We are a diverse and international chemical technology innovator, on a mission to accelerate discoveries through the provision of novel scaffolds and building blocks.
LCC has designed and synthesized a library of novel, diverse, 3D-rich building blocks, which are used to support an international customer base. Our scaffolds can be applied to technologies across our four main product pillars: DEL, FBLD, Linkers (for PROTACs etc.), and virtual screening with our 3Discovery™ Virtual Library.
Through an ethos of purposeful curiosity, LCC’s goal is to help the development of high-quality drugs, in order to bring new drugs to market, faster, better, and easier.
LCC is seeking motivated chemists to join our new UK-based production facility. Successful candidates will be synthesizing novel sp3-rich building blocks using both established LCC technologies, and also by developing new routes and methodologies. You will be working closely with our analytical and purification team to help deliver our products to deadlines. Our customers predominantly work in the hit-ID and lead expansion stages of drug discovery so the roles offer opportunities to expand your knowledge of medicinal chemistry.
- Organic synthesis by following established in-house techniques and procedures
- Develop new routes to enhance LCC’s catalogue using processes amenable to scale-up
- Present results to the team and also prepare reports for customers, when required
- Collaborate with other teams to produce chirally pure products and determine absolute stereochemistry
- BSc / MSc in organic/medicinal chemistry or MSc/PhD, depending on application level.
- Experience and enthusiasm for organic synthesis and the ability to plan new routes .
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Soft skills: A positive attitude and the willingness to adapt/learn is always a good starting point!
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please send us your CV together with a cover letter using the Apply button