Salary £40,000 per annum
Monday - Friday The Company
You will be working for a leading UK manufacturer in household products, working with a diverse portfolio of retailers supplying bespoke products. Fast paced categories with ever evolving trends and a host of ground-breaking products coming to market on a regular basis. You will be part of a growing business with a well established technical and compliance team. The Role
As a Technical Manager you will liaise with senior technical personnel at both retailers and manufacturing suppliers worldwide. You will have overall responsibility for delivering successful new product development projects; ensuring all key technical elements of a project are diligently completed and communicated to our customers. You will travel to various locations around the world to attend factory trials, factory gap analysis, pre-production and product launches to meet with customers. You will have a minimum of 3-5 years of technical product development and delivery to market, retail or retail supplier experience and preferably a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Science. Key Responsibilities
What you'll get in return
- Technical Manager position responsible for Household Formulated Cleaning, Laundry, Cleaning Hardlines and Biocidal product development, compliance, and launch.
- Working with technical teams in UK and Asia to ensure all technical aspects of a project are completed, for example safety assessments, product performance testing, regulatory compliance, and legal checks etc.
- Preparation of product specifications and quality contracts with customers and manufacturing suppliers for quality assurance.
- Single point of contact for customer technical managers.
- Check product artwork, packaging and labelling for compliance with relevant regional legislation.
- Work closely with the internal product and commercial teams to ensure all technical requirements are applied during the NPD process and new launches.
- Travel to various locations attending factory initial visits, development trials, pre-production and product launches.
- Review of production paperwork to release production batches for delivery.
- Investigate and report on customer complaints and non-conformances.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions and trade shows to keep on top of innovations and opportunities with new materials, production techniques or products.
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing to 27 days after 3 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Extensive benefits programme including buying additional holiday, medical cash plan, access to mental health support and many other benefits
- Flexible hours and work from home available to all staff
- Great learning and development and progression opportunities · Yearly bonus structure (based on company targets)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Generous Company Sick Pay
- Pension Scheme Contribution
- Solent social events run by our inhouse Social Team
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down Fridays