CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Chemist to join a company developing, manufacturing and supplying products and services for the food and drinks industry at their site based in Surrey on a permanent basis.
The site is based in Surrey and is commutable from Leatherhead, Westcott, Cheam, Woking, Redhill, Chessington and surrounding areas
Your duties and responsibilities will involve:
• The development, re-writing and updating all aspects of the company’s Quality Management System
• Formulation of flavour complexes
• Carrying out scientific literature searches on a range of topics in support of both internal and external client projects
• Development of new products and flavours off the back of customer-driven demand.
• Supervise the ordering and delivery of supplies
• Supervise the testing and calibration of equipment to ensure optimum results
• Monitor and maintaining chemical stocks
• Maintaining stock of all chemicals, chemical register and all associated HACCP documentation
• Support the team with actions and technical issues
• Computer input of packaging data
• Good hygiene and housekeeping practices
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a scientific or lab-based role
• Degree educated – Scientific role preferred
• Experience in food, beverage or pharmaceutical related industry is advantageous
• Knowledge of flavour chemistry & flavour compounds will be advantageous
• Familiarity with ISO & Quality standards
•Monthly company events (rotating between external and internal) – such as bowling, axe throwing, rowing, crazy golf and more!
•26 days holiday plus bank holidays
•A diverse and energetic working environment in a new modern facility
•Flexible working hours
•Pension – with salary sacrifice option
•Subscription fees to professional bodies
•Personal development courses and opportunity to sit industry qualifications
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Chemist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email email@example.com . Please quote reference 54074.