Role: Senior Laboratory Manager/Head of OperationsSalary:
: South West
A world leader in research and testing within the food and drink industry located in the southwest are looking for a Senior Laboratory Manager/Head of Operations to join their team. As Senior Laboratory Manager/Head of Operations, you will have a degree in a relevant science discipline, have at least 10 years' experience in chemical and analytical science within the food and drink industry and have extensive experience managing laboratory operations. Main Duties
- Manage the operations of Analytical Services across site
- Manage any concerns related to laboratory operation:
- Maintain and implement effective processes to deliver precise and informative support for customers
- Lead a large team to deliver on time stick within budgets
- Develop scientific capabilities across laboratory operations
- Manage, develop, and flex staff resources,
- Manage all facilities and equipment.
- Manage budgets, costings, and financial performance
- Maintain service standards, quality, and health & safety.
- Degree in relevant science
- At least 10 years' experience in chemical and analytical science within the food and drink industry
- Experienced leading laboratory operations in a large volume commercial laboratory
- Experienced managing and leading people, creating clarity, coaching, and inspiring performance
- Recognised technical expertise in area relevant to departmental activities
- Extensive knowledge of the analytical needs for the food and beverage industry, to include inorganic and organic analysis of contaminants, nutrients, and functional components.
- A working knowledge of the analytical techniques and instrumentation used within the 4 operational analytical Sections.
- Skilled in leading and implementing efficiency changes; always seeking improvements and increased capacity
- Proven capability in managing timely and cost-effective delivery of technical services
- Skilled in the implementation of quality/business management systems and the requirements of the ISO 17025 standards.