CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join a leading food manufacturing company, at their site in Cumbria on a permanent basis.
This role is located in Kendal, Cumbria.
Laboratory Manager Role:
Your main duties will be to:
• To manage a team of Laboratory Technicians
• Explore and implement methods to reduce testing turnaround times
• Understand business goals and Provide day-to-day direction for the team, including agreeing appropriate goals and deadlines with the team, and ensuring fully competent staffing cover
• Coordinate inductions, and training & development plans for new and existing staff members
• Review, monitor, track, and trend technical and employee performance
• Lead by example, provide coaching & mentoring to team members, and promote a positive and collaborative working environment
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• 5+ Years’ experience in a food laboratory in a relevant discipline, i.e. QC laboratory
• A BSc in food science or a similar scientific discipline
• A strong understanding of laboratory health and safety compliance preferably with an understanding of environmental regulations
• Experience in managing staff in a lab
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Manager position, please contact Georgia Bernard on 01246 457722 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 54036.