Job type: full time and permanent
Hybrid, (Cambridge or London office)
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
We are looking for an experienced Trust & Foundation Fundraiser to join a small team of specialists who will play a central role in implementing our strategy over the next 5 years to generate income for our charitable activities, both in the UK and internationally.
You will have a proven track record of fundraising from Trust and Foundations, or previous experience in forming strategic partnerships with major donors. Significant knowledge of the processes of prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of resultant partnerships is key, as is the ability to draft funding proposals and applications.
Equally important as your ability to engage external supporters, will be your skill in building internal networks and the capability to communicate both the purpose and importance of the work we do, especially in the areas of education, inclusion & diversity and global challenges, and the impact the chemical sciences have on all of our lives – not just the people who study and research it.
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record of major donor fundraising, with either a desire to work with Trusts and Foundations, or previous experience in forming partnerships.
- Significant experience in prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
- Should possess good negotiating skills, able to handle customer objections, and be self-motivated.
- Educated to degree level, with a demonstrable interest in the role of science and technology in tackling the challenges facing society and generating prosperity.
- Ability to swiftly establish credibility both with senior business executives as well as wider RSC stakeholders. Good at listening, with a consultative approach and identifies opportunities to support colleagues.
- An interest in learning about other cultures is essential.
- Excellent English language, written and communication skills to draft funding proposals with potential partners and to ensure effective communication with staff and customers worldwide
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.