We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Scheduling and Resource Manager to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh / Dundee area. The role will be based in Dundee for the first 6 months, and then can be flexible between Edinburgh and Dundee, with the option for hybrid or remote working as the role dictates.
This is a brand new role within the organisation, giving the right person an opportunity to make the role their own.
Our client are a leading provider to the science and foods sector, providing drug discover, drug development and analytical services. The company has a track record of providing science led solutions, and employs highly skilled and experienced scientists to support a global client base.
As the Scheduling and Resource Manager you will be based at the interface between Sales, Finance and Operations, the Scheduling and Resource Manager and take responsibility for collating information regarding project schedules and financial information for the Biology service line, to provide Management with detailed resource capacity plans, and financial forecasting. You will assist the service teams to manage and coordinate the biological technical activities in conjunction with the Operational Managers and other Scientific personnel maximising utilisation and minimising cost and down-time across the service area.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scheduling and Resource Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Providing accurate and detailed analysis of schedules and revenue / pipeline forecasts for each Biology service areas. Working closely with Sales and Operational leads to determine accurate scheduling.
2. Responsible for the management and co-ordination of Biology project scheduling processes at the macro and micro level. Providing Biology scheduling overviews at the cost code level, to ensure capacity gaps and bottle-necks are effectively managed and future headcount and equipment requirements identified.
3. Proactively manage and co-ordinate Biology Revenue recognition processes to ensure accurate and timely notifications are provided to the Invoicing and Revenue Managers. Including tracking all revenue movements in order to identify recurring issues and escalate to Management.
4. Manage and co-ordinate Biology invoicing notification processes to ensure accurate and timely notifications are provided to the Invoicing and Revenue Managers.
5. Responsible for close management of the Biology Orderbook to facilitate accurate and timely month-end Profit and Loss reporting.
6. Monitor that planning, control and laboratory optimisation is managed effectively across all sites to maximise efficiencies, and minimise costs.
7. Ensure adherence to all elements of daily work in line with the company's operating procedures to ensure compliance and ensure requirements are achieved in line with KPI's and other requirements. Monitor service area performance reporting and identify areas of concern to rectify the causes of under-achievement.
8. Maintain communications and personal contact with Managers (and staff), as appropriate, to ensure the effectiveness of operations support.
9. Lead and deliver service related projects, drive continuous improvement using technology and processes to improve performance and service.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scheduling and Resource Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a science related discipline, or demonstrate relevant equivalent experience.
2. Experience of Resource, Capacity Management or Operational Management, ideally in a CRO or CMO. Experience of financial reporting processes and business analysis. Experienced in interpreting data to identify trends. Proven numerical and budgeting skills, good track record in managing operational metrics and identifying different ways of working.
3. You will also demonstrate the ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as being collaborative and an excellent communicator.
Key Words: Resourcing | Scheduling | Planning | Life Sciences | Pharmaceutical | Biology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.