We are currently looking for a Upstream Process Development Scientist to join a growing Gene Therapy company based in the North London area. As the Upstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for developing upstream processes for the production of AAV Viral Vectors for the treatment of chronic and rare diseases.
This position would suite a highly motivated Upstream Development Scientist with experience of developing processes for Biological products to joining a developing company that will offer you the opportunity to develop early stage processes to transition from Pre-clinical to early clinical trial. AAV experience is ideal, but this is not required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Development of Upstream Processes for AAV production including but not limited to, bioreactor-based suspension cell culture, transient transfection and primary recovery.
2. Responsible for the design & execution of development work following QbD principals.
3. Write process descriptions, protocols and experimental procedures including SOPs.
4. Transfer technical processes to external Manufacturing sites.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (a PhD is not required but beneficial) in addition to experience in a Biotechnology and/or Biopharmaceutical company where you have developed Upstream Processes.
2. Proven industry experience in developing scalable upstream suspension-based manufacturing processes, where you will ideally have experience of Ambr250 or Ambr15 or related equipment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Mammalian Cell Culture is a must have, ideally where you have transiently transfected cell lines for the production of Viral Vectors or AAVs. Antibody and other recombinant proteins are also of interest.
Key Words: Upstream Process Development | USP | Development of Upstream Processes | Mammalian Cell Culture | Cell Culture Development | Viral Vector | AAV | Gene Therapy | Bioprocessing | Bioprocess Development | Scale up | GMP | Biothecnology | Biotherapeutic | Biopharmaceutical |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.