Are you a Head of Production looking for your next challenge? If so, we a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation and drive leadership and change across the business.
We are currently looking for a Head of Production to join a global leader in the Animal Health sector, with a specific focus on vaccines and therapeutics. The role will be based at their production facility in Surrey. As the Head of Production you will lead and manage the performance of all production activities on site, demonstrating a hands-on approach, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy and objectives.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong and dynamic leadership to steer and drive the right mindsets and behavioural changes based on companies core values and behaviours.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Production will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensure all aspects of production (including maintenance, operation, qualification, validation, material storage and waste) are managed in compliance with the facility's procedures and standards. Implement procedures in line with the Contamination Control Strategy that maintain facility hygiene, adapting appropriately to environmental monitoring results to maintain control.
2. Ensure that products are produced and stored according to authorised specifications and that cGMP, Biosafety, HSE and Quality compliance standards are embedded within Production. Write, approve and ensure the implementation of SOPs for all activities within production. These SOPs must comply with cGMP and the Facility's manufacturing licenses.
3. Ensure that all production validations are complete and up to date, including validation of aseptic procedures by media simulation. Ensure all documentation across all steps of production are recorded, evaluated, authorised and maintained in line with the manufacturing licenses. Monitor compliance with cGMP within production. Participate in Management reviews of process performance and product quality.
4. Manage all aspects of Supply Chain Management, including production / volume planning, resource planning, budget, inventory management of starting materials, antigen and finished product, as well as proper progress reporting and forecasting. Work with the Procurement team to ensure the procurement and storage of key supplies occurs in line with the production schedule, inventory policy and procurement processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Production we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will be degree qualified within a relevant Scientific discipline, such as Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Chemistry, Biology or similar. Those with a background and qualification in Lean Six Sigma, such as a Green Belt or above, will be favourable.
2. Manufacturing experience in Biopharmaceuticals is preferred, with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of HSE, Biosafety standards and cGMP regulations. The successful candidate will demonstrate practical experience of aseptic manufacturing and filling operations, ideally including biological products.
3. Strong leadership and team management skills and experience are essential, with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and lead team through change. You will have experience empowering teams to face challenges, make decisions and take action. A background in developing and retaining people will also be taken into account.
Key Words: Head of Production | Biopharmaceutical | Vaccine | Aseptic Manufacturing | cGMP | Change Management | Lean | Six Sigma | Production | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.