Currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician for a global materials manufacturer based in Cambridge. As a Quality Assurance Technician you will be responsible for undertaking quality investigations to support customer and business development initiatives, liaising with suppliers and the maintenance and development of quality management and MRP systems.
To be considered for this Quality Assurance Technician, you will be HNC or degree educated in a scientific subject, along with previous industrial experience either in a quality assurance role or a strong knowledge of quality management systems and MRP systems. Someone with experience from the aerospace sector would be highly advantageous, however someone with experience in automotive, chemical, polymer, pharmaceutical or FMCG manufacturing sectors would be considered and trained in the relevant areas. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Liaise with suppliers regarding any updates and issues around quality management systems.
- Take a lead role in requesting any audits both internally and externally.
- Undertake investigations and quality projects to support customer and business initiatives and development.
- Conduct customer specification reviews.
- Maintain quality records and the management of archiving activities.
- Maintain MRP systems for customer specification requirements.
- HNC or Degree educated in a relevant scientific or technical subject.
- Previous experience of AS9100 or ISO 9001 and quality auditing would be highly desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SPC, Minitab and MRP systems.