We are currently looking for a Head of Cell Therapy to join a leading Biotherapeutics company currently focused on the Process Development of Gene Therapy products. As the Head of Cell Therapy you will be responsible for setting up their Cell Therapy Process Development department in a brand new state-of -the-art facility.
You will be the Subject Matter Expert and Scientific Leader for all Cell Therapy Process development and will have the opportunity to work on a range of Cell Types and Therapy areas. You will provide scientific and strategic leadership to a growing team in a fast-growing organisation.
This is a once in a life time opportunity for an experienced Cell Therapy Scientist to join along standing organisation to establish their Cell Therapy capabilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Cell Therapy will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. In the first instance, you will set-up and establish all Cell Therapy Process Development capabilities and there after lead the development of robust cell therapy processes that are low-risk and GMP compliant for a range of Cell types and therapy areas.
2. Own the Cell therapy Process Development projects, providing technical direction and manage a growing team of Cell Therapy scientists.
3. Support Tech Transfer to and from client facilities including protocol and documentation development.
4. Hire in a successful team of Process Development scientist who you will line manage and develop accordingly.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Cell Therapy we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD / MSc in Biotechnology or related field in addition to experience of Cell Therapy Process Development in Industry.
2. Proven industry experience with a range of both Autologous and Allogeneic Cell Therapies including working with different Primary cell types including but not limited to T Cell, TCR, TIL, NK, MSC and iPSCs.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Cell Isolation, Gene modification, Bioreactor cultivation is required where development of Biological assays, Flow Cytometry and Molecular Biology techniques are highly desirable.
Key Words: Cell Therapy | Cell Therapies | ATMP | Cell & Gene Therapy | Process Development | Development of Processes | PD | GMP | Development | Leadership | Head of | Management | Client Facing |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.