6- 8 Hours/ 4 days on 4 days off Location:
Science Solutions Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for a Microbiology Technician to join our client's microbiological laboratory within the quality department. You will be carrying out collection analysis and reporting for all microbiological samples. This excellent Microbiology Technician role is based within the Lab, you will have 2 years' experience of working in a quality situation and 1-year practise working in a laboratory.Role
The role will include:
- Day to day lab tasks including product release, carried out self-sufficiently without management.
- Input test outcomes on the computer and product release on QAD and for external warehouses where appropriate
- Collection of environmental samples - water, swabs air, applicator.
- Full variety of microbiological ID activities - gram stain, Microgen, api etc to be learnt - full identification from start to finish.
- Sample collection and Sample receipt
- Preparation of media
- Analysis of all microbiological samples according to explicit procedures
- Reading and recording test outcomes on laboratory test result sheets and laboratory computer spreadsheets.
- Product release using laboratory computer systems.
- Carrying out quality control checks and calibration.
- Guaranteeing microbiology laboratory is hygienic and organised.
- 2 years' experience of working in a quality environment.
- 1 year's recent experience of hands-on working in a laboratory.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision to organise and carry out tasks.
- Experience with paper and computer record keeping and calibration of equipment.
- Quality aware
- Respectful and Professional
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Reliable and dependable