Role: Junior Packaging TechnologistHours: Full Time (37.5 hours)Location: Gloucestershire (work from home flexibility available!) About the role:
Our client has an excellent opportunity to become a member of their exciting, innovative, friendly & talented team. This role requires a degree or equivalent in engineering or a scientific discipline and would ideally be accompanied by a full, clean driving licence and experience in a packaging development environment.
Based within the Research and Development team at the centre of our client's business, the Junior Packaging Technologist will be given the all the training and assistance needed to commence a career within the discipline of packaging. With the support of our client, the Junior Packaging Technologist will play a key part in delivering sustainable packaging solutions for our clients ever expanding product portfolio. Main Responsibilities:
- With support from the Packaging Manager, build understanding of beauty packaging technology and packaging sustainability and utilise these newfound skills in development projects.
- To help packaging development through the design, development, and implementation stages of new product development action, across multiple projects, achieving a balance of creative integrity, sustainability, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Work with external suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the effective transition of NPD components and products into large scale production.
- Strengthen the requirements for packaging data within the business and aid in lab testing requirements.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- To play the role of the packaging representative on allocated development projects and with assistance, manage associated packaging related tasks.
- To assist in the development of packaging using external suppliers to ensure packaging delivers a high-quality product to our customers and consumers.
- To be present at regular NPD project meetings all year round & gifting ranges.
- Work with the wider team in providing constructive solutions to issues during new product development & during the lifespan of the product, after its launch.
- To oversee packaging testing, following written procedures, and producing/storing excellent technical reports.
- To assist in reviewing design briefs & comment on feasibility.
- To assist in packaging maintenance projects business wide.
- To support requests from the business for packaging data.
- To act as a champion for the business' Packaging Sustainability Policy.
- To build and maintain good, strong, and reliable relationships with main internal customers and with existing/new suppliers, including suppliers in the Far East.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Experience in a packaging development environment desired
- A full clean driving license would be advantageous.
- Strong organisation and time management abilities
- Outstanding analysis and problem-solving skills
- Systematic and organised, attention to detail
- Interest and ability in developing knowledge of packaging technology
- Solid sense of commercial awareness
- Adaptable, able to prioritise workloads and capable of thriving in fast-paced situations
- Robust team player
- Understanding of and passion for the health and beauty sector and sustainability
Fully familiar with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint